View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But I guess it can be chalked down to only Nobu's division was dogi wearers 4unlyfe since the MCU Hand was bigger and wide spread then "just" a ninja clan
But I bet that was an idea they manufactured after the Daredevil S2 flak. There was no hint of that beforehand.

And now...

"Has the Punisher Gone Too Far?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
This is where we disagree.
The issue on the table is a real issue, but rather than add more they've taken away.
That's the real crime resulting out of it. But the original "issue"? Just because Daredevil is regularly fighting an evil, straight-up Japanese ninja clan and they're all bad guys (they're an evil Japanese ninja clan, what on earth did anyone expect?), this idea that it is then the show's responsibility and duty to make sure and find some way to include some good Asian guys to force a balance is outright absurd. I mean, I would hope some Asian character or characters would eventually show up on the show that aren't evil at some point but I'd want it to be organic to whatever the writers are up to, and if at any point it wouldn't be organic then hey, that's fine, don't worry about it. If it's literally, "Uh oh... we've reached our SJW-limit of evil Japanese... call the writers, we need like 2 or 3 good ones next episode, stat!" then that's plain dumb.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-21-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote