View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #56
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
How about we address the bullying, discrimination, and outright demonization of people who are different a.k.a. not "normal"? Oh now, that might require some actual effort in our not so moral society?

How about we address the public safety of our schools? No, too expensive for capitalism.

How about we stop promoting violence, hatred, and anger towards each other? No, society's too "good" for that.
Yeah, that's wonderful and all, but that's all long term things society's already fighting over and even if it changed tomorrow, would also take a lot of time to settle in our society and have the necessary effects. It sure isn't going to immediately help the next seventeen kids to die. So, you know, you need long term solutions and short term.

As an aside, you're doing the same thing you bemoan - making it about you and your worldview and the like - with your list of what you think are the immediate problems and things that need to be fixed and you're topping it off by getting holier than thou about it, to the point where I just realized that four different people with different opinions, including myself, who are often at odds all over this forum all just agreed, so congrats on making history, I guess.

Quote:
We can put all the guns we want in our schools, but that's still only putting an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.
I'd argue it's more a gas tanker at the bottom.