Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 01:29 AM   #62
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Dr. Who to air in the U.S!!!

News Flash! Sci-fi channel baught the rights to air Dr. Who starting in March! It will air at the 9pm timeslot replacing SG1 when SG1 goes on hiatus.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/681/681089p1.html

Doctor Who is headed to the States courtesy of the SCI FI Channel. The cable network and BBC Worldwide Americas announced today that they've signed a major licensing deal for the first series of new Doctor Who adventures.

SCI FI will air all 13 episodes of the hour-long series beginning in March. Who is slotted for Friday nights at 9:00.

The deal explains the recent retraction of a DVD announcement that had puzzled fans. The series was set to hit DVD in the US and Canada in February, but has now been reset for July 4th. It came out on DVD in the UK shortly before Christmas.

The new Who, which stars Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, began airing last March in the UK. It was originally passed up by SCI FI.

SCI FI's agreement includes an option on the next season which will star David Tennant as the Doctor.

Raph's Girl note: Well now..I guess SOMEBODY changed their minds about Dr. Who not being their cup of tea. Either way I now have 2 channels with Dr. Who on it. And more American's can be scared by "Are you my mummy??"