View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:38 AM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
98-02 was a glorious time to be a fan. Early days of eBay, TMNT stuff was selling for a pittance. People were excited to be finding other fans online, there was a TON of stuff to still learn about TMNT history

Then again, I'm the type of fan that doesn't really give much of a hoot about having new stuff to consume.
Well I'll give you that. I first read Mirage on the old ninjaturtles website. I found out about it around 2002-2003 or so, I think. I had watched the movies before, and had always found it odd how the origins of the Turtles, Shredder and Splinter were different in the movie. I was really SHOCKED when I found out that April was originally a lab assistant in the comics, and that being a reporter was a FW thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I am in awe that I wrote that, & I wish I could blame it on being high or something, but I can't. I mean, dude, I was using the internet then my damn self... Wow, alright, time to retire.

Definitely a different online climate, though. Not nearly as much info or as many resources, etc.
I didn't correct you because I figured that was what you meant. Also, I personally didn't start using the internet until around September 2000 or so.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote