View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #385
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You think?
I'm not so sure the whole "a new SWs in December" is a tradition they're not going to want to give up and the only thing going for that theory is that they haven't announced anything post-episode IX. I don't think we'll see Episode X for a while and even then we might get Episode X just two years after IX regardless I do think they'll continue with spin-offs . There's already a few rumored and any of those would come out after IX, I'm guessing they're just holding on, on announcing them for a bit.
They're already ending the "new SW in December" next year as Han Solo is in May. IX's date isn't confirmed yet obviously but I believe that's expected to be May as well.

Post-IX they have plenty of options - just continue doing stand alone Star Wars Stories (something they acknowledge has been considered), do X-XII (in which case there would likely be at least a 5 year gap, more likely longer if they want to keep the generational aspect of the Skywalker Saga) or start a new trilogy or saga like KOTOR or NJO (which they could do straight away after IX).

Personally I hope they end the Skywalker Saga at IX as a trilogy of trilogies, keep doing the stand alone Stories & start a new trilogy or saga to alternate years with.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote