View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Prowler: True. I'm publicly on record from the beginning that "Anyone can play April". Maybe that's mean, but it really doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter because her character is such a general non-entity. Too many conflicting versions, too many discrepancies, upon which no two fans can agree. Aside from "female companion", there's no constant to April. What's her backstory? Her family? Her upbringing? Her career? What does she even look like, and how old is she, anyway? She's never the same character twice, and nothing about one version is reconcilable with another. Everyone knows her name, but if you ask five people who she is, you get five different answers. Anyone trying to make a movie with her in it already has their work cut out for them, way before they try and cast anyone. By that point, they're probably exhausted. "Just get whatsername and we'll dye her hair."

It's one of many reasons why I dislike all the different, conflicting TMNT universes that we've accumulated. There's way too many, and it's gotten way out of hand when you have 8 different versions of ONE character, and they all have zero in common past the name. How do you decide what's "important" enough to put in the movies, which ideally are going to be seen by many more people and thus become the most familiar version of the character for an entire generation? It needn't be so complicated.

But it is, and since April is pretty much a blank slate outside of, "hangs out with the Turtles", it really doesn't matter who plays her, one version is as good as any other at this point. Cast Megan Fox or Beyonce or Amber Heard, and they're equally "appropriate" depending on whatever they wanna do.

It definitely should not be that way, but that's where we are now. Based on what I have seen, I will agree that Megan Fox was definitely not the worst thing but it's also disappointing to realize that her being in the movie was probably the only reason it got made. She shouldn't have been there, but again, it really doesn't matter.

I don't like that, but it is what it is.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote