View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #8010
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw the grocery store I stopped at after work finally had their 4 for $5 sale on a brand of cheese ravioli I got in on once before a number of weeks ago. Normally I think four would be like $14 or $15, so that's awesome.

After getting home I realized I did not get that deal and the amount I paid in total was a lot more than I'd expected. The kid at the register was chatty enough, I was tired from work, and used to the amount being around what I came out to that I entirely forgot it should have been about $20 less...

Ran all the way BACK intent on visiting the customer service desk, but first I figured I'd check the sale again to see if I was mistaken.

As it turns out... The bags I grabbed were, I'm now assuming, a larger quantity. (I THOUGHT they might have been a little bigger, but it's been a while so I really wasn't sure I was remembering correctly. I mean, these aren't huge either.) I HAD checked the sticker on the shelf the first time and I could not find any actual bag size listed. Checked again when I went back... still could not find a size. Apparently though, I came to figure out (and then skipped customer service) was that the bags that were actually on sale were sold out, making it impossible to know that the bags I grabbed were a larger quality and were NOT on sale at all. (Ugh. Why not?) Can't figure it out unless you've got the brains about you (which after these past three days of work I initially did not) to notice and determine that it's different sizes via the regular price on the shelf. %#@& ...Upper end of $20-something spend on those, rather than $5.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote