View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:25 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Even hoping or wishing for anything like that now that Nick owns it is just begging for heartburn. Might as well ask for a unicorn since we're just jacking off about stuff that's impossible.

Toys aside, it's a dead brand. The best days are long since passed. The same corporate overlords who've kept The Sponge on the air for two decades aren't going to serve up anything more than junk food for little kids. It's over. TMNT is dead. Even the IDW comics only get away with as much as they do because nobody reads them. If they had a circulation of a million readers or so, you can bet that Nick would tighten the fist a bit, but as it is that project is under their radar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as sick of TMNT For Kids as anyone, but Nick buying them was pretty much the worst-case scenario if a gritty/violent movie or TV show was anyone's hope. Unless they sell it, anyone who dislikes the status quo while hoping for anything different is simply grinding down their teeth for no reason.

I don't see Nick ever selling it. Therefore, as a realist, I simply don't care about this brand at all anymore, except as (somewhat ironically) a vehicle for toys. Which is admittedly odd; the obsession with toy marketing is arguably what ruined the whole concept of TMNT in the first place, BUT, it's the only thing that is actually giving fans in 2020 anything to look forward to. But that's the situation.

I mean I get why people who are not satisfied want to hope and even beg for something better, but at the same time, it's kinda like writing letters to Santa even after you know he's not real. It won't change the situation and you're simply not going to get what you want.

Without being a jerk on purpose, I do sincerely wonder why anyone does in fact hope/want/expect that Nick would somehow change course for this ONE brand - which is simply not very important to them compared to The Sponge and their other in-house brands - even though it would mean going completely against what they represent as a company, which is Fluff For Kids. You REALLY think that would ever happen? Common sense says it won't. Why persist? Why wallow in disappointment and aggravation needlessly?

Is it really so hard to move on? Can't TMNT just be "Something I USED to like" at some point? Works fine for me. I still revisit the Good Stuff from the past and am satisfied, without all the aggravation and impotent rage inherent in hoping that it's ever going to be that good again.

I don't know. I'm pretty happy with my current interaction (or lack thereof) with the franchise. In short: It sucks now, so I quit. I get the feeling that a lot of people kinda want to do the same, but simply can't bring themselves to, for some reason. And I'm not sure why. Those movies and stuff that y'all want just aren't going to happen. Make peace with it.

At least until someone else buys it. But I'm not holding my breath.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote