View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #38
Galactus
Foot Elite

Season 2 felt like a big move to a more generic Saturday Morning kids action cartoon. The Eye of Sarnath 'arc' was an excuse blow through every plot that every other 80s toon did. The shrinking episode, killer plants, machines revolt and of course the imaginary things come to life episode.

It's not bad or anything but I've always had the suspicion that they had originally planned the whole thing to be four episodes. Baxter off screen accidentally throws one of the eyes out, the appalling animation of Mean Machines at times is appalling that I can't help but think that was a rush job tacked on to make it a five episode arc.

The second half to me has some great episodes. Enter The Fly, Splinter No More, Return of the Technodrome. I'd even include Invasion of the Punk Even the others are actually pretty good but not great. I also like that it kept the smidgen of seriousness from the first season and there's a certain sense of foreboding with the Shredder upping the ante until the Technodrome returns.

Season 3 is all over the place. The show overall could be said to be five or more different shows in one, well season 3 basically three shows in one season.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote