View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I mentioned this in this thread,

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=34576

I thought soomething was fishy bout all those.
You were spot on mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I think we have bootlegs. Samhain I'll agree with you, it is fishy when a hard to find item is in abundance all of a sudden, but I don't think they're defects. These were probably bootlegs made from the original molds. Here are some of my photos.

Also I'll vouch for the fact that the parts such as the head bandanna, and the kneepads are now harder plastic, NOT the rubbery material they were made of in the originals. The same goes for the front brighter yellow shell. It's not rubbery and pliable like the original. Also, the cheap plastic smell upon opening the tube was horrendous.

All said, I actually want to know if these were only differences between the clamshell Necas, and the tube Necas, or if these are actually bootlegs.
Thanks for posting your pictures. I hate to say it but I think we have bootlegs. The best kind of bootlegs though... made from the same molds as the originals but without the quality control!

Since my last post I rubbed the bandana with my finger and EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED I got black paint on my finger and it had completely rubbed off. I didn't even do it hard, at all!!

I think the pictures speak for themselves, to my eyes the bootleg has a blue/grey tinge to it and THOSE FEET are just terrible.... It's hard to believe they get away with it.

I reckon the molds got sold in some dodgy business move and this is the reason why.

For a fake they look amazing(ish) but they're still that... a FAKE and it does take the shine of them considerably.... I may have to stand "Raph" away from the other two... lol

It's so annoying because several months ago I had the oportunity to buy the whole set in clams for £40... now just Raph goes for £45+ Makes me annoyed...

Thanks again.