View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
mumbo230
Foot Soldier

The thing I'm probably most curious about this DTV is what kind of animation style it's going to have. I highly, highly doubt we'll get the BTTS look, and Laird said it's the Turtles in a way we haven't seen before, so I'm thinking we may get a whole new look here.

So it'll have "characters from the past clashing with characters from the present," and according to Goldfine it's the favorite part of the 2K3 universe that he's worked on (this may be just to build hype, but still).

The whole project is very exciting to think about, but it sure would be nice to be tossed another bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
The original idea was that there was going to be a direct-to-video release in celebration for the 25th anniversary, but it was going to be a faithful, animated adaptation of E&L's TMNT Vol. 1 #1. That idea was heavily modified, perhaps because it would have hurt 4Kids' image as being kid-friendly. So, now there are rumors that it will be a crossover between the classic and 2K3 cartooniverses (or something very similar). While there's less speculation about this particular idea, I fully expect this to include the Shredder Wars briefly seen in the first episode of Back to the Sewer.
Well, more specifically, the plan is to air the three episodes on the CW4Kids, so the content has to fit those restrictions accordingly. Nothing harsher than what we saw in the first few seasons of the 2K3 series I'd imagine.
mumbo230 is offline   Reply With Quote