View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #68
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, additionally I think Leo is also wise enough to know it's the sort of thing Donnie has to learn/find out for himself.

If it's doomed to not happen it's going to hurt either way and no use in his siblings causing that pain prematurely when ultimately the conclusion, for better or worse, has to happen between he and April, nobody else.

Likewise, only Leo can sort out his feelings over Karai, past and present. No doubt he knows how he'd feel if his brothers tried to tell him how to feel/think.
Which is why Donnie despite having his doubts and reservations about Karai...with good reason. He is still willing to go along with Leo or hearout Leo's point of view on the situation. But would he would subtly hint his doubts too.

Such as Wrath of Tiger Claw.

When Karai tells Leo and April that she believes they are telling the truth when Leo says Splinter is her father. And April responds by saying "I believe she believes you." (I.E. I believe what she is saying.)

However Donnie says: I believe April. As sort of a vailed hint that Apirl is the only one telling the truth.

Kunoichi are trained to use deception as a weapon, of which Karai is firmly more practiced then April. But if he directly accused her of lying or pointed out that he wasn't going to rely on Karai's word that she's telling the truth he would come across as a insensitive jerk.

And when Leo says he's taking Karai to the lair we still see Donnie visably balk about that, and comments that Raph was not going to like this. He still tries to take Leo's side and convince Raph that Karai has changed.