View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #73
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

My top ten movies.

10.Sin City - Combining super-stylish effects, a noir setting, and more violence than a concentration camp being visited by Hitler on one of his off days, Sin City has a certain draw to it that won't let you take your eyes off of it even if you wanted to cover them from all the gore on the screen.

9. Half-Baked - I first saw this movie when I was younger, and didn't really appreciate it back then. Being older, now I get it. Who doesn't love a group of potheads tryin' to bail their friend outta jail by selling weed? A very funny movie.

8. Pulp Fiction - Some would argue to say that this is Tarantino's best piece of work. Filled with great acting, directing, and pacing, this movie is full of dark humor and irony, and only gets better as it goes along.

7. Incredibles - This is hands down the best love child out of the complicated and twisting relationship between uber-sweet Ms. Disney and edgy and innovative Mr. Pixar. The youngest of his 6 brothers and sisters, Incredibles came out the movie womb destined for greatness. With great action scenes and a great sense of humor, Incredibles is my favorite out of the family, but I still love the rest as well.

6. American History X - On a darker note, this movie is great brain stimulation and makes you think of how the world really is. A great movie with great acting. Definitely one of Edward Norton's best.

5. Training Day - Another movie set in L.A., this movie got Denzel an oscar for best actor, and rightfully so (I don't care what anyone says, he STILL woulda beat Russel Crowe if he wasn't surrounded in controversy). He has to of played one of the most memorable and cool antagonists ever.

4. Crash - Chock full of interesting characters, this movie tells the story of how multiple lives come CRASHing (haha) together through the course of 36 hours or so. Very cool story telling and interesting to see how all their lives intertwine.

3. Emperor's New Groove - Possibly THE most UNDERRATED movie of ALL TIME. Clever and hilarious writing. Outstanding voice-over work. It's such a shame this movie didn't get the praise it deserved.

2. Face-Off - Fast paced action and well thought out character development are the perks to this John Woo Film. Not your typical action gun flick, this movie takes the time to make sure we care and feel for the characters. Excellent movie.

1. Spider-Man 2 - Jesus Christ, this movie is good. Filled to the rim with complex canon relationships and emotion and intense action sequences, this movie tells the on-going drama and story of the most tragic and poetic super-hero, Spider-Man. This is just movie greatness.