View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #26
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You're quite right, I have no point. It's perfectly sensible to have Wolverine attacking his opponents with peperoni sticks for claws, to chew bubblegum instead of puffing cigars, or to have the Punisher switch to SuperSoakers and just "imply" his killing (or have viewers come up with a fanfiction to say, "Don't you see! He must have killed in that scene! You can tell because he would've!") rather than showing anything.

It's not like killing has ever been part of the Ninja Turtles' source material or anything, and we all know filtering/censoring source material to fit a toy market and toddlers (and to make sure not to make any country angry, anywhere) can only be for the best.
Is it really that big a deal that you see Raphael gut someone? I'll fully admit that yeah I like the idea that the turtles are pretty much trained assasins but I don't see that being denied in the new film. there is nothing that denys that aspect of their background other then the fact that they didnt make a big visual deal out of it by showing bloodshed. its wasn't neccessary to show bloodshed to make one believe that the turtles are Ninjas so they didnt show it.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote