View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #47
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Odd somehow I posted this in the wrong episode thread. Posting late at night is not a good idea I see SO let's run this back.

Cool enough end that I had some issues with from a story perspective. Anyway this was production wise the last team Mikey episode. They did great and I know it wasn't easy with all the ponchos, they were a hassle to deal with.

I enjoyed the mountain pass fight sequence with the snow cat ninjas. I got flashbacks to the Caradhras scene from fellowship of the ring. The final fight was pretty good too. I had a slight issue with kintaros change of heart, I did see that they did little things to show he was warming up to him, yet he's threatening to have one of the boys to have his head chopped off. I wouldn't have minded that in the last two episodes but it slightly annoyed me here.

But the bigger issue I had was his sudden use of magic. I figured we'd see it with him being the golden child but just a few hints of it would have been nice. But I appreciated the fact he just didn't totally solve it with his magic. Also it was nice to see that Jei's mind control wasn't so easily defeated as it looked in episode 1 of the arc. I figured his visions in previous episodes were just him messing with them externally but he still had his claws in deeper.

Overall I enjoyed it but I think it needed the fourth part more. Would have given the adventure have a more epic feel since we are traveling to a whole new world, and it would have been nice to see more of a bond with usagi and Leo, and even more opportunity to see more yokai like oni. Overall I enjoyed it and too bad they didn't get Usagi in sooner in the shows run. I would have rather that than all those farm episodes lol.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote