View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #70
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sally? Okay, I hope she has a more imaginative name...

Also, if the Null mutants are hybrids, then both Ray and Sally would be hybrids right? Of what then? Manta/bear and lion/monkey?
The scientist indicated they haven't had much success yet, they and mutagen man are the first ones to survive. They may be simple prototypes, getting one animal mutants down before moving on to more complex ones. Ray does seem fit for a deep sea work, which he mentioned, not sure about Sally unless she's a combat model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Anole, you're saying that

Spoiler:
Sally is a new character? I wouldn't know I didn't read any of the original mutanimals. But your description of her made me think, maybe she'll act as a reflection of hob that makes him see how ridiculous he's being....which is a plot device I don't like. Hob has every right to resort to violence in this case, especially after seeing what's been done to mutagen man. Slash has a tremendously selfish moral compass although that's not what the writers are trying to convey.
I can't find any Sally on Turtlepedia, unless someone else knows something.

Hob has an understandable rage based on his experience, but beyond debates about whether his 'war' and methods are justified his game plan in completely reckless. Slash may come accross as a bit naive but his need to keep them from becoming unrelenting monsters is not selfish in my opinion. It may also be prudent in the long term. They can't 'beat' humanity but they may prove their own humanity in opposing Null.