View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 04:36 AM   #13
Igglet

I think saying that Alopex becoming less interesting is a consequence of her being relegated to Angel's sidekick is flat out wrong. I'd say it's the other way around. She was relegated to Angel's sidekick because she stopped being interesting, as the writers have absolutely no idea what to do with her.

Just think about what Alopex's role in the story has been since Northampton for a moment. Struggling? I know I am. She had that whole thing with Kitsune that ultimately amounted to nothing, seeing as the story would've been absolutely the same without it and it was all resolved within one issue. They made her Angel's partner so she can stay relevant to the story without them ACTUALLY having to do anything with her, and I think they chose the most lazy way to go about it. If she continued being closely tied to the Foot under Splinter, or if she joined the Mutanimals, or even if she lived with the Turtles and became a part of Clan Hamato - I personally think all of those would've been a lot more interesting than what we got.

The reason why I've been liking Alopex more recently isn't because her issues have suddenly disappeared, no, everything that I mentioned is still there, but she seems to at least be on the right track to having an actual personality, because I swear, before that issue of TMNT Universe with her and Raph, I couldn't name a single character trait of hers.