View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #87
Leo656
The Franchise

Picked up a few new figures over the last couple of weeks, I just kept forgetting to post pictures.

First up, Buzz-Off from the Super7 Filmation "Masters of the Universe" 5.5-inch line!
Spoiler:

Not a bad figure; I just wish his wrists were articulated so that he could hold his lance any position but sideways. Not a huge deal, though.

Aside from "Robot He-Man", I have all the unique characters from this line, now. So one of these days I'll start picking up the variants like "Transforming He-Man", "Crystal Statue Man-At-Arms", and so on.

Next up, King Hssss from the Masters of the Universe Classics line!
Spoiler:

Always one of my favorite characters. The "Serpentine King Hssss" figure of him in his snake form was the first MOTU Classics figure I ever got, when I found him cheap at a toy show. This guy was pretty cheap also, so I snapped him up.

Finally, we have "Intergalactic Overlord" Skeletor from Masters of the Universe Classics!
Spoiler:

I never cared much for the "New Adventures of He-Man" cartoon, but I like what the Classics series did with the character designs. This one was also really cheap, and I plan on getting as many He-Man and Skeletor variants as I can anyways, so this was an easy buy.

I found a few other "Classics" figures that weren't too pricey, so I have another three on the way. I just wish that all the characters I REALLY want like Teela, Man-At-Arms, etc., weren't around $100-200. There's still a bunch of good characters for around $50-80, and I guess that's not TOO bad, but I really want the "main cast" and I wish I could get them for less than a friggin' grand. One day, hopefully.

I didn't take pictures yet, but I also got a few of the vintage Mattels, such as Trap Jaw with belt and weapons, Teena with full weapons and armor, and Sy-Klone with his chest hologram. I've already had each of these for a long time but I'd lost some or all of the accessories over time, and it was cheaper to just buy the replacement figures than trying to scrounge for parts.

I'm also chipping away at the replacement weapons I need for some of my vintage figures. I was able to find a gold Power Sword for Thunder Punch He-Man pretty cheap, as well as Tri-Klops's sword. I also got repro versions of He-Man and Skeletor's Power Swords, as well as the Sorceress's Eagle Staff, which are pretty much identical to the real thing (only much cheaper).

For anyone in need or interested, the same guy I got the repro weapons from ALSO makes Power Swords in ANY color, not just the ones that match the originals. He can also make them in see-through translucent plastic, as well as in both "male" and "female" versions, so if you ever wanted your He-Man or Skeletor to have a full Power Sword in one color rather than a half-sword OR a Silver/Purple hybrid sword, there ya go. I gotta remember to get a "female" He-Man sword and "male" Skeletor sword, for that exact purpose. But yeah, check around on eBay if you're interested, the guy does good work.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote