View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #43
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i was psyched and ready to order until i saw the 15.20 shipping. that is absurd, a flat rate box is 5.70 where do the get an extra 10.00 from? (my bet their pocket) im not sure i want the figure anymore. that shipping fee just turned me off to him

these people are only hurting themselves charging ridiculous shipping fees. i got some thinking to do
Here is their response from when I asked to speak with a manager...

"I hope this email finds you doing well. My name is Bryan, and I am the Shipping/Fulfillment Manager. I overseen the majority of the daily operations in the warehouse, and also manage some of the back end logistics.

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our shipping estimates for you order. Right now, our system is evaluating the orders just as Roxy described. It is doing a formula based on weight, size, and distance. I have the formula set to roughly 3lbs per Turtle. Sadly, this is just the initial estimate I was given. Each turtle, individually, would cost about $11 in shipping fees. If we make an adjustment for a large box, added packing materials, and place the package closer to 9lbs...we would be looking at closer to $40 in shipping for 3 turtles.

I understand that the system is charging you $60 based on the parameters I have put in place. The reason for the higher cost is because I am not actually sure how heavy/large the boxes will be when they ship out. I intend to offer partial refunds for folks that paid too much in shipping on the front end at the time of shipment. I look at it as an added bonus when the turtles ship

I hope this gives you a better idea of what is going on with these orders. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this experience better, or any other questions I can answer. I hope you understand that I did not call because it is quite early in Austin, and I did not want to be an inconvenience.

Cheers,

Bryan"

I've shipped many items in my life and I still call this BS.... I just did a quick calculation and a 9lb box going from california to wisconsin 2 day priority is just about 30 bucks, 12lb is 38. I can appreciate there will be a minor cost increase for packing material and such. Keep in mind my estimates are consumer prices - companies TYPICALLY have business accounts with shipping agents and receive a discount for shipping with them.

If they were going to offer partial refunds, whynot just say that this is an estimate and at the time of shipping you'll be refunded on orders requiring combined shipping? Well I know why, those who dont ask or complain wouldnt receive the refund and the company would just keep it.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote