View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #101
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Wonder why Helga throws her locket into the river? That can't be good, I hope he doesn't reject her in that scene and it just gets interrupted
Something clearly does happen to set Helga off, Arnold is heard to say in the trailer "I didn't want to hurt you", which, though I can't say for certain, is probably where he is trying to clear the air with Helga when coming clean about being in love with her. That's just my hunch anyway

The parts with the locket obviously occurs mid-way through the movie just as everything starts going to hell and the pirates catch up with them. There are scenes in the trailer where Arnold saves Helga from being struck by a dart and the two are swept down a waterfall together, presumably at some point in this escapade together they're able to override the existing tension and probably come together in the way we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I ship Arnold x Helga way more now than I ever did back then. If that isn't dealt with or resolved in this film, then Craig is a huge troll. He's said for years in TJM that Arnold would reciprocate her feelings. I couldn't see him changing that.
Craig said this movie would be full of romance and that if this leads to nothing afterwards, it will have the most closure we've ever had for the show to the point his desired sixth season would be a new beginning.

Craig wants Helga and Arnold to happen as badly as we all do, but he's also a story teller and he wants this film to be about characters revealing who they truly are out of their usual comfort zone. He's been saying TJM should not be just a fluff piece, but a key chapter in Arnold and Helga's growth as characters. Helga putting aside her childish obsession with Arnold probably has more to do with learning not to put him on too much of a pedastle so that when the time comes for Arnold to reciprocate, the two have come to a mature and equal footing with one another.

Craig also said he'd love to do more "Dark Arnold" episodes in the sixth season, so clearly he does have a set plan for more for Arnold/Helga.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote