View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #73
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

So, it's been some time since I posted some conceptions. Odds are I'm going over to the fan fiction section at some point to solidify a plan. I figured I could get started with planning my idea. Message me at some point if you want to hear some more.

The title of the series is going to be Tales of the TMNT. I'm aware the Nickelodeon cartoon's fifth season has this title, but it's the best I can think of for now. For the time being, these will be 20 episode seasons. I may change it as I plan more out.

Anyways (skip the spoilers if you don't want to read):

Spoiler:
The first season involves the history of the Turtles and the Foot Clan.
I'll start with the origin, as the first four episodes would focus on world building. The focus in terms of villains are the Purple Dragons, who act as the secondary villains of this season as well as the first appearance of either

Episode 1: In a change of pace from most TMNT media, Casey would be the first ally that the Turtles meet. This episode's first act sets up Casey's character and issues with the Purple Dragons, a nefarious criminal empire of the underworld. Casey mentions the Dragons need to get a lesson through butt kicking, subtly hinting at Arnold's death by them.

We get insight into Casey's character: a plucky, yet strong-willed individual looking to exact damage on the group. There'll be a reveal later in the season on Arnold for what his death involved.

When Casey gets into a battle, the Turtles are hinted at. Think similarly to the 1990s movie when the Turtles save April. In an alleyway, Casey tries to hold his own after leading the Dragons away from a location, either a lady and child or store. From the shadows, the Turtles strike against them. I'm not sure on killing them or just knocking them unconscious and escape through a manhole. They would then disappear as Casey leaves. That's the second act, maybe the half of the final act depending on action sequence.

Finally, the Turtles are talking to each other on that. Raph and Donnie could be saying it wasn't worth it compared to Donnie and Mikey. Splinter would then talk to them briefly as he takes note of the Dragons' appearance having some familiarity. The episode would end with Splinter scolding them for being vigilantes, finding it unnecessary and a worry. However, the conversation would be in darkened areas within the lair, but we do see their figures this time.

What I'm doing is building anticipation towards the Turtles' first onscreen appearance, as PD and the 90s movie did. Keep them in the shadows and surprise the audience with how they look.

Episode 2: The Dragons are being scolded by a large, intimidating figure in the cold opening. The individual is Hun, he doesn't appear onscreen yet. He demonstrates his anger of their "failure" by brutally killing (off camera for standards) Dragon Face. DF would be the main Dragon in episode 1, used as fodder to establish Hun as dangerous. He orders them to find whoever did this; when a Dragon mentions a kid, Hun smiles dastardly.

Following this, we cut to Casey at an auto shop. He's trying to make due with what he can but is having some trouble as the Dragons ransacked the place.
He then finds in the newspaper of a hiring at a meat factory. This job doesn't work well as Casey is too angry with pounding the meat and goes too far. For a little bit of humor, Casey could get into some slight hijinks with his superior before being let go.

Frustrated, Casey drowns out his frustration at a local bar, owned by the Dragons. (my thinking is along the lines of GTA for why) Casey ends up in a tussle and holds his own for a bit in an entertaining fight; the Turtles soon intervene when Casey is shot and thrown out of the bar. Like the alleyway fight, the battle soon becomes shadowy, but the Dragons have matches to see.
We see glimpses of the Turtles' limbs and weapons, but never their faces yet.
After throwing them out of the bar and the police coming, the Turtles make a run for it, but take Casey with them underneath the sewers, ending on a cliffhanger on what happens.

Episode 3: Whispers fill the air as the screen is black, Casey's POV. He soon wakes and sees he's bandaged but okay. In a funny exchange again,
you can have Raph make a remark before the intro and Casey freaks.

After this, Casey meets the Turtles and Splinter. Splinter, Donnie, and Raph do not trust him, but Mikey asks Splinter to stay. The reason: Mikey can sense good and evil in someone, at least Earthlings.

Casey is confused on what's going on as Leo interrogates him. The first half of the episode deals with the Turtles' origin.

In this series, Splinter is a household rat of Hamato Yoshi's. (I still need to figure out why he owns one) Yoshi lives in Japan with his wife Tang Shen and a daughter, Miwa. (no, she's not Karai here) On Miwa's fifth birthday, her one wish is to have her own pet(s). Yoshi and Shen decide on four Turtles,
whom Miwa comes to love for about 6 months.

However, an incident occurs in Japan. Yoshi, who served in the Foot Clan,
gets into an altercation with his friend, Oroku Saki. (Nagi will be used much later in the series) Saki gets angry, beats Shen, and Yoshi attacks him.
As with the Mirage Comics, he flees for New York with his family and pets.
Saki trains for about 4 months and kills them, the Turtles and rat are freed.

After the origin is told, Casey relates to losing family. After a heated exchange with Raph, Casey leaves. The second half deals with Casey's story of getting revenge, trying to track down the central location of the Dragons.

Episode 4 I'll get to in a bit, but it wraps this arc together and solidifes Casey's friendship with the team and a heated team with him and Raph.

I'm aware my idea has some kinks to it. As mentioned in the past, it's merely a work in progress.