View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually think some of the problems with the Triceratons are the same that I actually have with Leatherhead. That being:
Far too little, far too late.

Which makes their eventual uprisings/devourings less impactful.

We're only told very, very, very little of Leatherhead's backstory. Just that he had been Krang's prisoner that was occasionally tormented. Sure it could work, but we've barely seen him enough to care. I even th

Likewise, we barely know Zog and Zom. They're not characters we've been following for ages, and thus their decision to rebel is uninteresting. It seems "cliffnotes". Even the entire rebellion is uninteresting, especially when Krang never acknowledges it and only credits the collapse of his homeworld exclusively to Quanin. It feels a bit like the rebellion was a last-second patch on the story.

You'd think that would have made Krang think twice about his treatment of Leatherhead. He's supposed to be a genius warlord, but it never crossed him that maybe it would be best to not to prod at the thousand-pound aggressive reptile? With this one being a touch more dangerous since it's a carnivore and not a herbivore? I even think that this is why Leatherhead would have been better suited as Krang's "ward" and for Krang to have died in combat against Maligna (I'd rather that than having him stand around whining until the last minute)

That being said...BRING ON THE ZODI!