View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do like museums and exhibits, but I haven't gone to one in like...10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Is the marriage and having kids age lower in the USA or something? Because rarely does someone here nowadays marry before 30. And only poor and uneducated people seem to have kids before 25 nowadays.

I am 26 years old and no one assumes you're married at that age here anymore. I remember saying a couple of months ago that I didn't plan on marrying ever and someone told me "it would be odd if a 26 year old thought about marriage yet..."
Yes, here in America you're expected to be married by the time you're 25. If you want kids, you're also expected to have children by your mid to late 20's.

By the time you're 30 you're expected to already be more or less settled down (assuming you don't divorce and stay with your spouse), and just raise your kids and go to your 9 to 5 job. By the time you're 40 your kids are teens and about ready to finish High School.

I know this because it's what happened with me and my parents. My parents were only 25 when I was born. They got married the same year. I was already 5 years old by the time they were 30.

How ironic, when my parents were at my age now, I was already 6 years old. At the age of 31 my parents already had full-time careers, were married and had a kid, not to mention a second child because my brother was born when I was 4.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote