View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 AM   #47
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
^I agree. Leo going from the loss of his dear father and having to take charge of his family to excited to watch Space Heroes again that quickly is head-scratching. With his brothers especially, it's like nothing ever happened after the finale.
It's not explicitly stated yet
Spoiler:
Tigerclaw does say several months have passed since the Shredders death
but it is implied that quite a bit of time has happened since Splinter and Shredders deaths. The others have commented that being the head of the family has been a hard burden on Leo.

Also everyone deals with grief in their own way, it's not always immediate. For example I had a friend who was a younger pseudo-sister to me. She passed away at the age of 21 in 2009. When I was informed of her death I didn't greive for her right away. I was largely in shock and I would find myself looking at my AOL messenger as though hoping she would pop up online and say "you are such a dork, I can't believe you actually thought I was dead." I didn't actually break down and cry until a few days later.

With my father it took me years before I actually gave into grief I felt when he abandoned me. Don't get me wrong I love my dad, but I still hate him for who he is and what he's done.

As for Leo himself he strikes me as a Deal with the Task at hand and deal with problems later. The task at hand was to prevent the Shredder from being resurrected. And to do that they had to prevent the heart from falling into the Foot Clans hands. But I do agree that more could be done with the problem that was Donatello in that episode. Such as maybe have Leo grumble "Donnie, what is wrong with you?" Somewhere between the the set up and climax of the story.