View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #92
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Likewise Splinter departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down below to Hell or the netherworld. They made that distinction quite clear, that's why Splinter didn't disappear when all the other ghosts did...but afterward. So I don't see why you keep bringing that up.
Aaaaaand this little gem sums up this entire debate. Sure, one time is a mistake, but come on, this has been more than a couple times by now. The fact that Splinter "departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down to Hell" was exactly my point. Why is he the special snowflake spirit that just happens to come down from the skies if Kavaxas specifically released the ghouls from the underworld? Can Splinter's spirit just transcend worlds whenever it damn well pleases? That cheapens the death, but, hey, this show is an expert at that, so why am I even complaining, right?

I'd argue the rest of your points, but why bother? If you're just going to restate my exact point against you and try to turn it against me without any change to the original point or any original argument of your own, what's the point?

Although I definitely agree that saying this Shredder wasn't a threat and was barely in the series at all is a pretty bombastic claim.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote