View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Thanks, buddy!

This applies to all characters now. You can hit the foot soldiers twice or three times in a row, they don't get that weird temporary invincibility. I honestly believe that that aspect of the original game was a mistake that somehow was overlooked during testing.

Did you get to Tora? I feel you have to do that whipping/evading technique against him, otherwise you're toast. Thanks for the feedback, I might have to make further adjustments to make sure all the characters are balanced.
Oh, yeah, the bosses are definitely another story with April. Tora was pretty tricky to handle, especially since he doesn't seem to suffer much stun when you hit him as the rock falls on his head like in the original game.
It is surprising to me that April seems to have even more range than Groundchuck when he grabs his pipe (4 star rating vs 3 star rating apparently). And regarding her camera flash special, might it also be a little too powerful in that it tends to kill all the regular enemies on screen in an instant? Perhaps it could just count as one or two hits of damage as opposed to three or more?

I always thought the original game's temporary invincibility was basically a punishment to the player for not executing a fierce attack successfully. But it is interesting to see the game without such a feature. I think if April's whip animation took a few more frames to activate, it might give the enemies a chance to swoop in and attack her. Theoretically, having multiple enemies surrounding her at a close range should put her at a big disadvantage.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it yet, but the cartoon voiceclips really work well in a game like this. I'm really curious as to see how the whole game will come together as characters are unlocked after being rescued. It was kinda strange playing as April in the frozen Central Park level since she's still technically "kidnapped" at that point in the original game.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote