View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Hmm... I'd love to see what it looks like closed up, an exterior shot... and where's the eyeball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I think I actually liked that better.

The idea that Shredder might use mech armor necessarily a wrong one although you'd think they'd built up to and the look was based on an actual Shredder design in the canon. It was just way over done with all the jagged aesthetic, extra blades and mechanical parts etc. Here it looks like one of the rejected military based Shredder designs from the first movie but with blades. The helmet itself seems to cover the whole face making it look less like a ninja and more like...a soldier with Fred Wolf Shredder parts.

The Krang design...well I can kinda empathize with the designers here. In their oversteer to make everything based visually on the Fred Wolf show they've got a problem that not everything about that show was all that good. Krang's android body was always an awkward design that I know I'm not alone in thinking it was weird even as a kid and didn't make any lick of sense. Unless you're really going full-on Fred Wolf I don't think it can really work, it looks awkward with the darker 'edgy' stuff with Krang body design but could work if not for those fleshy parts.

This is where I think they really have to 'get' the franchise. To know which elements are okay to change and in which ways and to what degree. Simply doing edgier versions of the 80s show designs just doesn't work.
The ONE thing Bay got right is he didn't give Krang's body those atrocious red briefs.