View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #58
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Hey could someone help me out here?

I've heard nothing but good things about this show and was excited to binge it yesterday at work. By the end of the first episode, I had a headache.

Why?

The amount of times Rick says Morty's name is downright insane. I googled it and found out that it's spoke 113 times. 113 times within a timespan of 24 minutes where he's not even in every scene.

I can understand it seems like a small thing to obsess over but its the way my attention span works. I've stopped listening to the actual show and instead focusing on when the next "Morty!" comes. It's like the "What?" chant in wrestling where the crowd doesn't care about what the wrestler is actually saying, they're just waiting for the pause so they can "What?!"

Anyway, does it become more tolerable as the show goes on? I want to enjoy this show but if it's like that throughout the entire series I'm done.
Honestly, the pilot episode is pretty strange. Going back and rewatching it after I had seen the whole series, it just feels a little disjointed from the rest of the show. It gets better, trust me. And they tone down both Rick saying "Morty" like every sentence and his burping.

On another note, I really enjoyed "Morty's Mind Blowers". It was a nice break from Interdimensional Cable while still having similar bizarre/funny moments.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote