View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #86
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagePakkun View Post
That looks really awesome! I love your work!

Will you be doing Master Splinter? I know it takes a long time to make a MUGEN char...so if you don't want to... I'll understand.

Also....I have a question: Why exactly did you chose to do the Turtles in the '87 style? Not that I'm complaining, cause their awesomeness is awesome.
I don't know about Splinter as it stands there's only about 5 or so source sprites of him that I can work with, and I'd have to edit upwards of 100 or so additional sprites so that he'd be a decent character, on par with my others.

The original Saturday morning cartoon was the stuff that 80's babies like myself were raised on. Turtles were quite literally everywhere
and I have fond memories of playing the beat-em up games by Konami on SEGA genesis as well as at the old arcades. Turtles from 2 of the tournament fighter games were pre-existing but there hadn't been any quality done incarnations using their beat-em up sprites (probably due to the amount of work it requires to hand-craft supplemental sprites & new animations). So I ripped what I could from the games and filled in the rest on my own. Its hard work but the end result makes it worth it.

@oldmanwinters : You need to add in all of the missing required sprites into the character's .SFF file. Find this image in your Mugen Docs folder and add in those specific sprites according to their approximate axis placement to the .SFF of your character. Look at one of my characters or Kung Fu Man to get an idea of how the placement works.

Here's a teaser to show that I have in fact been working on these guys since I've last posted, (nonstop it seems). This features the second special intro between Raphael and Leonardo. Plus the updated sprites for Raph's randomized taunts.

And here's my edited Turtle Van sprite from the first Konami Arcade game that'll be aiding Donatello in his Level 3 super attack:

more to come...

Last edited by dcat; 09-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote