View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #2788
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

I got to go to the panel yesterday too and can only echo pretty much everything else that has been said so far. I have addde some pictures below too although as previosuly mentioned, they didn't allow photography int he event itself. They had a lot of their own cameras so I assume it will all show up online at some point on their own site.

It was great that Nickelodeon made such a big effort for UK fans - it was very much appreciated.

From what they showed it did look really nice. There wasn't actually that much footage shown and it was really 2 trailers, one which was more of a "Making of" that focussed on behind the scenes and the other that was a montage of scenes based around the Turtles being attacked by The Foot and some Kraang aliens.The animation looked a bit jerky at times although I think this could have been the projector/computers they were using.

Other points that I remember to add to what has already been said:

Shredder will be a proper evil villain not the bumbling idiot from the early cartoon series. Some ongoing plotline about an ongoing rivalry between Shredder and Splinter was also hinted at. Plus the possibility of seeing Splinter vs. Shredder.

Again it was hinted that mutagen ooze would be an ongoing plot point as both Baxter Stockman and Leatherhead were said to be featuring.

The party wagon had a new name (I forget what) and will actually be an old rail-road car that Donny converts to use regular road wheels as well as train track wheels.

The action figures I saw in the stand are nice but seemed unfinished somehow - maybe it's just me mentally comparing them to the prototypes? They are also smaller than I imagined although the Sound FX range are bigger.

Was also great to meet Kevin Eastman - he's such a nice guy. He wanted to spend a decent amount of time with everyone and given the size of the queue he could have been signing for well over the planned 2 hours! (I was fortunate the be 10th in line so only had to wait 45 minutes!) Got a couple of pages of nice concept/sketch artwork too.

I have a few more pictures on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/cheesebrush

Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote