View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #336
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Who's saying "desperate"? Their public intent has always been to return everything "back to normal" by the conclusion so as to fit back into the Mirage box. I'm not aware that this intent has ever changed.

Now, should they give two craps about tying stuff in the conclusion into Vol. 4 plots or subplots? Of course not. I don't think they've ever picked up an issue of Vol. 4 and I don't imagine that would change, even leading up to working on their conclusion... and they don't need to. It's enough to show how the status quo is more or less restored.
Okay but why even bother going in that direction 20 years later? If the storyline was declared non-canon 2 years after the book was cancelled, the book that replaced it pretty much being dead, the Mirage continuity having been abandonned and IDW even going with a title that reinforces the non-canon status, what's the point of even giving it a return to the status quo ending? That might have made sense when the book was still being published and they expected to finish it before Mirage got the rights back, it's just that now you might as well give it a more interesting ending. At this point the status quo ending would just come across as a "Let's never speak of this again!" gag.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote