View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
If you would like to purchase some from 1986 here you go.
ebay.com/etc.....
Haha, no way! I did expect all kinds of stuff but not that Thanks for the lolz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
Might also be because it shows the nunchcuks in the scene?
Oh yeah, right, that could be another reason too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It's not in the UK cut? huh, I'm really glad the 1990 movie was not a part of the TMHT trash we usually got in Norway, it was Ninja through and through.

We had Turtle Wax in Norway so the joke was not lost over here.
Gladly I had to chance to live those movies at the cinema as a kid, later on vhs tape and speaking of turtles 1 scenes like Mikey ordering pizza at the beginning in the lair, Mikey later showing it off with the Nunchuck Foot guy when they smash Raph through the roof top along with the absent Turtles Wax scene I guess there might be some more that weren't there.

The interesting thing is back in the early 2000s when me and a buddy were often at another friends place showing off to us how l33t of a internet movie downloader he is. Yes, he did convince us haha since he burned us both a dvd of Turtles 1 with european audio languages, "missing scenes" included for which original english audio and a couple of european subtitle tracks to choose from were available too. "Bootlegged" he told us.

I said "interesting thing" right? Yeah, bare with me for another moment: Later in the 2000s dvds for turtles 2 and 3 appeared as retail discs on the (german) market but there was no turtles 1 dvd to be seen. Much later a retail disc for turtles 1 was announced and hit the local market. Turns out to be exactly the same version (maybe without the many subtitle tracks) with the exact same timestamps for the subbed original "missing scenes" as seen on the bootleg over 5 years before that. Of course retail dvd quality. Even more interesting: The retail bluray disc which contains again the exact same material in best-as-possible bluray quality.

If there was no childhood for me seeing all 3 movies in cinema + vhs tapes I owned I'd go and ask someone who had an active tmnt movie childhood at that time but yeah I've been there and I do not remember ANY of the scenes only a tiny bit in the original (german) cinema and tape versions which are subtitled on the retail discs, well maybe the massage scene a bit, not too 100% sure. And as with the figures and the cartoon series the movies were the same for UK and EU at that time.

Regarding the turtle wax being known: Yeah maybe when your father or someone else you spend a lot of time with is a car lover and has turtle wax around, for you to get to know. Something like that but usually as a kid you don't have much access to those kind of things, like you usually wouldn't get too close or close at all to mummies cleaners. Certainly there are exceptions and I'd love to read about yours

Last edited by Meow; 06-26-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote