View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Custom NECA-style Mirage Casey Jones figure!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

I was contacted to make another Casey figure, my first for a few years. At first I had little interest, but as my customer wanted something totally different to my previous custom Caseys I thought I'd give it a go.

The idea of this figure was basically "What if NECA continued with the comic Turtle line", using as many NECA parts as possible and with the same articulation scheme as the Foot figures.

I'm not going to go into too much detail with the recipe (as per my customer's request), but he's built on a NECA Foot goon, with lower torso & legs from a Marvel Legends slim male body. The masked head is a full sculpt, and the torso, lower legs and shoes are sculpted. As I was losing the waist joint and ab crunch I fitted a balljoint in the torso, just underneath the shirt.

Accessory-wise, he includes an alternate unmasked head with seperate mask (not wearable, unfortunately) and fist hands, and a full complement of weapons. The golf bag was sculpted over a styrene base, and he includes 9 weapons - 4 bats, golf club, cricket bat, crowbar, hockey stick and umbrella. These were all made of either wooden dowel or styrene (or both).

All in all, I think it's as close as I'm ever going to get to both the style of the other NECA figures and the early Mirage look (specifically Raphael #1 and TMNT #10).

Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote