View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Of course they'll sell out, its scalpers paradise.

The selection of games is awesome, I can't believe people are complaining. Maybe it's not for you but for what it is, it's awesome. I won't be getting one, I'd rather just have a retropi instead but awesome games plus an official Star Fox 2 release + SFX games that haven't had official releases since the SNES.

We don't know if these controllers will have the Wii switch or are usb yet right? They don't seem to be using the Wii Switch, so here's hoping they're USB. Even though this time they don't seem like they will sell them separately since they're including two already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Where the heck is Turtles In Time? Its not just thr most praised Ninja Turtles game, but an often cited favorite among gamers. Is it a copyright problem? I would have bought it for that and Super Mario World alone,but now no sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
is it too much to ask for nick to get the legal rights to the turtle video games so they can finally be re released?
some of the most popular gams on the system, not available.
I'm surprised these classic systems even have third party games that Nintendo has to share money with but yeah it's too much of a hassle to even include licensed games. For example Turtles in Time would require Konami and whoever has the rights now to license it to Nintendo. For that price they'd rather just give you a game from both Capcom and Square Enix instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
that's what I don't get.

something like this should be easily producible for YEARS.
Why is a giant company like nintendo having shortage problems?

something isn't adding up here.
Again, Nintendo is Nintendo. As to why they did what they did with the NES Mini, as I posted on the NES Mini thread, here's some speculation educated speculation.

Nintendo needed a new product for holiday 2016 since the Wii U wasn't going to do anything for them nor did it have a big game. So they decided to produce NES Minis as a holiday item. This would also help them get rid of some of their Wii left over stuff since they share hardware cheapening the costs and it helped keep the factories busy with Nintendo products. In the tech world if you aren't manufacturing something they sell the space to another company and Nintendo was going to need that for the Switch so they weren't going to just hand it over and then pay more money to have what they already did.

They likely researched how much the Atari Flashbacks/Sega consoles were selling each holiday (since they release a new one each holiday pretty much) and decided to produce that many. They didn't expect it to be this huge hit and tried to make a few more but were limited.

So why did they decide to stop production?
As mentioned to focus on the Switch and they hadn't seen how much demand this product was going to have. For the SNES classic to be released this year it means it had to have already been in the schedule so they were met with the decision to make more NES or cancel the already in development SNES classic and they chose to go with their plans already in place.

Could it be because Nintendo realized that they were selling it too cheaply? Partly but I doubt that was the main reason. I think the NES classic will come back with different games in the holidays of 2018 and they'll be rotating it with the SNES classic. They'll have different games in each release as well but always include some of the "main" ones like Mario. Atari/Sega have been doing this for many years, Nintendo just wants part of that. I don't see Nintendo doing a N64 mini or Game Boy mini sadly.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote