Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #333
Allio
Foot Elite

Working on a book called "BeastByte" the idea is essentially a deconstruction of "fantasy" type of stories like Monster High/My Little Pony/Once Upon a Zombie/Enchantimals.

Using a setting from an old manga I read long ago, humans are being born from animals (like a lion having a human daughter; or a snake) though in the reverse of films like "once upon a forest" where animals are personified; these "humans" have very animal traits; if their animal counterparts do a thing, they can do the thing.

Say Muis, child of the mouse, has babies, there is a strong possibility she would eat her babies. Mice are monsters.

Now the joke in this series series is simple. While everything in this world is explain (like how many animals that aren't apart of the same ecosystem living together) the joke is "how did animals skip x generations of evolution for a snake to have a human child" and the answer is "*uck you, that's why" which again relates back to series like Alvin and chipmunks whom are supposedly animals but look 98% human.

Then the fantasy is broken even more as I introduce actual humans
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote