View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Do they claim to make historically accurate figures, though? They seem to plan more figures, and it can still be fantasy even though it's called The Feudal Series.

personally. I'm more interested in a Ninjas action figure then just a guy from feudal Japan who happens to have a few non-katana weapon accessories packed in with, cause the normal looking Japanese feudal citizen happens to be a shinobi.

It's like buying a James Bond figure in jeans and a t-shirt instead of being in a tux.

I mean, if we're gonna nitpick beyond the highly incarcerate figure, since no such Ninja existed. They did not wear black dogi as a uniform, and tabi are not some "Ninja footwear" it's just regular common used socks, nothing else special. A ninja would most likely not use the sai, as it's an Okinawan weapon, ands it reached Japan in the for of the Jutte, a single curved prong instead off two, and was most commonly used by law enforcement.

A ninja would never wear a katana, they are expensive and only reserved for the bushi caste, you'll stick out like a sore thumb and it's illegal for commoners to have them. A Ninja would never wear a Daisho, as that's Samurai only to carry a long sword and a short sword together like that. Being a non-samurai and carrying a daisho would be the equivalent off rubbing your genitals up against strangers on the street shouting profanities at them. Even a Ninja that is a Samurai would not use his own sword during whatever "Ninja mission" he would do, what if his swords got recognized, lost or broken, that's just dumb. And the swords would get in the way of sneaking around.

carrying a long sword on your back is stupid, a katana is way too long for being drawn behind your back, and carrying it on your back for mobility makes it useless if you suddenly needs it.

But Ninja action figures with swords are cool, yo. I want ten off them.
I wish we could upvote comments on here...
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote