View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #45
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I dunno why more women aren't scared of having kids. Pregnancy and labour seem very rough.
Having gone through it, I can honestly say that yes, it is. I had morning, noon, AND night sickness for the entire term. Lost ten lbs in about three days, a week after I first found out. And it took me the entire 8 months remaining to gain it back. By the time I went into labor, I was only 3 lbs over my NORMAL weight. And half of that ten lbs was her. So I regained only about 7 &1/2 lbs. And my NORMAL weight is only around 95-96 lbs to begin with.

Ob-Gyn told me I would have no problem with a natural birth, and tried to convince me (at 30 yrs old mind you) not to have my tubes tied as I wanted to because she apparently thought that even though I stated flat out from the beginning that it had been unplanned and that I intended to give it up for adoption, that I might somehow at that age change my mind and regret the tubal ligation later on. She was an idiot. Not only was I still fighting to get her to do the ligation literally while in labor, but my baby got her head stuck in my pelvis and had to be delivered C-section- just as I had told the Dr. all along that I would need to. Top it all off, her estimation of my conception date was off by about two weeks, as I knew for a FACT when I had conceived! Her due date was also off by about a week. Baby came out "overcooked" and my original estimate proved correct. I had to split the difference and self-induce via an herbal tea. So she ended up an Equinix baby.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote