View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #19
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't believe that kids have changed. I don't believe we've had an increase in mental illness, even though we have an increase in the names and treatments for mental illness.

Kids have always been mean, the mentally ill have always existed, what has changed is access. Be that access to frearms, be that access to information, or be that access to environments that radicalize young men.

If this were only about bullying we would see more marginalized people taking up arms against the classmates. But we're not seeing a bunch of queer kids, a bunch of teen girls, or the one or two black kids in a mostly white school, taking up arms against the classmates.

I think what we're seeing are the boys who would have gone unnoticed because the only people they would have been beating on were their family members or their significant others.

But I will say this for Leo's assessment of the situation, that is how whole bad apples thing works. A few bad apples spoil the bunch. The whole is ruined because of the resting state of a few, is literally what that aphorism means.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote