View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Actually, if we do make the quarters, it will almost certainly be one of those two, given how the draw pans out... we're in group G, and play someone from H in the first knock out round. Both winners of those matches then play someone from groups E or F. Which have Germany and Brazil in them.
Yeah I did the working out using this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44455057

If they finish 1st in our group, they would face Brazil in the Quarter Finals, If England finish 2nd then they face Germany in the Quarter Finals. So it would be better for England to finish 2nd in our group because they got more of a chance of beating Germany than Brazil.

Then if they do get to the semi finals (by beating Germany) then they could end up facing Argentina or Portugal/Spain and I rather it be Argentina, again England are got more of a chance of beating Argentina than Portugal/Spain.

So if England make it to the final then they could end up facing Brazil or Spain (that's if Spain finish 2nd in there group), but obviously we will lose that, can't see us beating them.

Edit

Egypt vs Uruguay is starting, I think that Uruguay will win this one. But I wonder how long it will take Suarez to do something controversial, lol.

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-15-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote