View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #30
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

At this point I’m for regulating gun owners and sellers. Not the products. Currently I’m not so much for banning types of guns or ammo. But making laws holding gun owners and sellers more responsible when a gun they own is used in a crime.

As a gun owner you should have to prove you had all the safety measures in place but the shooter broke the gun safe electronic code or something. If you can’t prove you had the gun locked up tight then you should be prosecuted as an accomplice. Gun safes should be mandatory part of ownership.

If someone is drunk driving with a kid in the car I’m pretty sure they get arrested and the kid goes to child services. If you have your gun somewhat easily accessible, you get arrested and prosecuted if it’s used in a crime.

Maybe gun dealers need proof of gun safe ownership before selling the gun. Long gone are the days of a pistol in the bedside table drawer. Your kid or family friend gets your gun, you go to jail. Gun stores can’t prove the customer provided the means and intent to properly secure the firearm, they go to jail.