View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster13 View Post
So I have a bit of news about this...unfortunately not good news.

I contacted the people at Forbes library in Northampton and explained the situation. They offered to check 3 dates of the Daily Hampshire Gazette to see if the strip appeared. So I had them check the first date of the strip (12/10/90), the last date of the strip (12/31/1996), and one other date in between (1/3/1995).

I got an email back today saying that they checked the paper for these days and didn't see the strip. They apparently looked through both the comics sections as well as the other pages and didn't find anything.

I suppose it's possible that whoever checked for me looked quickly and just missed it, but judging by the email that I got it seemed like they checked pretty thoroughly.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the Hampshire Gazette didn't run the strip at all, but I would say that the chances of that particular paper having the full run are slim. Regardless, it may still be worth someone checking it out in person.
Wow, thank you for checking on this! And credit to the Forbes library staff for actually checking the microfilm for random comics sections. I work in a library and have never gotten a request like that!

Too bad though, I really figured the Hampshire Gazette would be a prime candidate for running the TMNT strips.

Maybe Wikipedia can provide some other local options:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Massachusetts

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote