View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #182
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Seems odd to me, but points for originality. And I guess being mutant versions of turtles that are, in reality, endangered species... there's a certain poetry to that. Last of their kind, that sort of thing, and now even their non-mutated race's days might be numbered. Though it's a little lost on something like IDW where you can't walk 5 feet without tripping over tons of other mutants.

It also just might have been Dan Duncan doing his own thing in a script that just called for drawing "baby turtles."
Yeah, I wondered if the script/page layout notes said something vague and Duncan just freestyled something. Because some of the things the turtles do later in the series are definitely not in-line with sea turtles' abilities, like pulling their head all the way into their shells, or just the fact that they have fingers and toes instead of flippers. But it's no biggie, I ain't tripping on it.

It's like the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker; it can be retconned to be whatever type of spider it needs to be to suit whatever story is being told. And I just looked at the wiki page for that spider and am astounded at just how many retcons there have been.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote