View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #69
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Leo and Karai relationship is something that breaches the realms of sexuality (if I did really have to choose) rather than Karai's and Shirigami's (spelling?). Leo and Karai have literally held hands even when Karai was most vulnerable and smiled each other with infatuation, Karai tenderly said "Thank you" to Leo even when she admitted that she wasn't good at thanking others, and continued to do so again after Leo defeated the Shredder. They've had their quarrels and instances of distrust between them, but none of what Karai and Shirigami shared amounts to the cues we were given between Leo and Karai.

Karai and Shirigami seem more intimate like sisters rather than passionate. I don't recall Karai and Shirigami holding hands, I don't recall Karai opening herself up to Shirigami even when she was most vulnerable, and I don't recall Karai thanking Shirigami even once. If she did, it wasn't said meekly like Karai's was to Leo. She's opened herself up to Leo countless times yet has not done so to Shirigami even once. Some of you are honestly looking into it too much.

I'm well aware of the stark relationship between Korra and Asami that did happen and you guys are eager to see it again after Nickelodeon allowed it, but some of you are honestly looking too deeply into this. Ironically I am to, but I was impelled to because this is a delicate subject perpetuated by many for the sake of seeing a lesbian relationship again. I'm not against it, but I just don't see it happening here.
Is it really fair to compare Shinigami(a character that has less than 10 episodes in appearance) to Leonardo, also its less of a relationship thing and more of a one sided crush(at least in my view).

Maybe I'm reaching but in this picture, Shini wants to be more than just friends.