View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:31 AM   #10
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Thank you all for the kind words, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Pretty solid paint job, but Shredders painted shirt looks a bit weird.

I really love how clean the paint looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
TurtleManiac can correct me if I'm wrong but shredders' "shirt" is a floating piece that can be removed. So what you're seeing here is the generic torso underneath that floating piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
This. Amazing work, but you should have just removed the shirt entirely. He looks like a wrestling toy.
Actually Candy Kappa is right, it is the gray shirt that I painted over. My original plan was to use the base figure without the shirt, but the body looked unfinished and would require sculpting, so I decided to put the shirt back on since it made him look muscular, and the cape covers the collar, after painting it I don’t see the shirt anymore. Also the shoulder armor and belt is attached to the shirt, another reason I chose this method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
That's a fantastic job
I seriously dig em
Thanks glad you like em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksenad View Post
This is amazing! Krang is probably my favorite! Shredder is also awesome!
Thanks! Yeah Shredder is my favorite as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Ugh...this set is so good it almost makes me upset. I feel like I'm being violated by own nostalgia right now. This is just a tremendous set up. The paints look spot on. Your work is clean and you clearly took your time with each individual figure. Not a single figure looks shoddy in the group. I'm just floored....absolutely floored. This must have taken you months to work on a project like this.

Well done!
Hey thanks! I appreciate the compliments! Yup nostalgia is the whole reason I wanted to paint these, especially with the vintage style collector case. Actually this took about a month and a half, just worked on it in my spare time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
If that Krang was removable, I would want it.

Shirtless Shredder will never fail to amuse me, though, no matter what its form. Why did that even happen?
Krang is removable he comes with a tripod roller I just prefer to keep him in the walker. And yes shirtless Shredder is awesome, I too wonder how Playmates came up with that idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote