View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 12:25 PM   #14
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
The ongoing with Waltz at the helm was boring imo. He has great ideas but his writing just goes on and on with lots of explanations, characters catching us up, or having one-liners or jokes that just fall flat.

Clearly the man is talented bc no one else seems to be able to keep an ongoing consistent for that amount of time, though I suppose editorial gets some of that credit. I also love a few of the concepts he brought to the book, but not the exectution.

I actually suspect he may have taken lead on the latest issue of TLR2, because suddenly that book shares a lot of those issues.
Agreed 100%. Waltz has neat ideas, but he's terrible at writing characters. Everyone talks in the exact same overly expository way. And you'll notice his characters always say exactly what they're thinking and feeling. There's never any subtext in his writing, it's always very trite and on-the-nose. His characters don't feel real.

Waltz writes like an editor. He's someone that would be great to bounce ideas off of and he comes up with ideas that could be great with the proper execution, but unfortunately just doesn't have chops to follow through on them himself.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote