View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 PM   #19
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I tried everything food related that had TMNT anything on it back during Turtlemania. It was such a fun time. But my top ones would have to be: TMNT Gummie Candy, Ice Cream Bars, Crunchabungas, & the Popcorn Tin.

Since we're on this topic, I have a few questions for my fellow TMNT fans. I had the popcorn tin that had the turtles on a surfboard riding a wave that said Cowabunga on it. In my memory, the tin had butter popcorn, white cheddar popcorn, and cheddar popcorn in it divided in three ways. Does anyone else remember it that way? Because every Christmas I remember my TMNT popcorn tin from back in the day and I remember it as having those three flavors in it. Does anyone remember if that was the three flavors it had in it?

My other question is about my favorite gummie candy ever. The TMNT gummies I'm talking about were ones that came in a plastic "blister bubble" (if you're a toy fan) where you could see the gummie and it had a thin cellophane backing to it that you peeled off to get to the gummie. I think the cellophane part was green and had the TMNT logo of the 1990's on it. The gummie itself was a random blend of green, red, yellow, and (the rare) blue colors. They were also around 2-2.5 inches all the way around so they weren't small little gummies.

I can't remember many of the gummie's shapes that they came in but I'm pretty sure one was in the shape of the back of a turtle shell. Maybe with the logo in the middle of the shell? I'd assume the four turtles each had a shape. I feel like Shredder was a shape too. And then if I had to guess maybe Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, or Splinter could have also been shapes of them.

Lastly I remember that they came as individual purchases. I remember getting them straight out of the box and being able to tear as many of them off at a time as I wanted. So when they got to the store in their box they were all attached to one another slightly. So if you wanted to buy three, you could just pull out three and tear it off at that point. Did they also come in six packs? I feel like that was also a completely different way to buy these gummies too. Maybe if you bought the six-pack (if that was actually a thing) you got all of the shapes too?

Anyway, I apologize for the ramble. I've just tried to learn more about the TMNT gummie candy in particular, and I can't find much about it online. So if anyone has any information or pictures about them I'd be extremely grateful.