View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #119
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Regarding placement for the Alopex micro, Bobby Curnow was generous enough to humor me and give a thorough answer.

He votes for between TMNT #21 and TMNT #22.

Quote:
I think she was always of a higher rank than your average Foot soldier. "special assassin" maybe? I wouldn't know what the correct terminology would be. But she's never been a grunt.

But Alopex micro definitely doesn't happen a long time ago, like around #12, I would have specified that if that were intended to be the case.

So when does it happen, actually? That is a good question. As you'll see in TMNT #24, not much in-story time has passed between #23 and #24. I think it's maaybe possible Shredder and Alopex could have made a quick 24 hour excursion in that time (and Alopex, not knowing the plans for Leo, would still imagine him as an enemy during that first fight).

However, that all is a bit of a stretch. It's unlikely that Shredder would take the time at that exact moment to make the excursion to Alaska.

Here's what we do know: Alopex makes mention of things heating up, war-wise, and that's why those renegade Foot soldiers at the start are selling Foot secrets. Shredder also says things are getting worse, and they need to consolidate resources (the supposed reason for going to Alaska) So i'd definitely put Alopex after the TMNT Annual, when Victor takes control of the Savate and things between them and the Foot get worse.

But when exactly? I'm preferring not to officially identify— it's one of those things where the exact timing isn't crucial... but if pressed to identify a spot, i'd tentatively say before #22, as #22 -#24 all take place over a short period of time, a few days or so. So let's say between #21 & #22, for the time being.

Phew, long answer!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote