Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #28
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
All this recent talking about animated Batman not having any influence feels strange, as we have talked a lot at this community about TMNT (Red Sky and 4 Kids) and many other action-adventure comics being influenced by the animated Batman series (allowing darker storylines with more violence).
The Red Sky seasons, 4Kids TV series, Gargoyles, Spawn the Animated Series, and even Batman the Animated Series are all little known shows from the 1990s and 2000s to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
What about Japanese animation like Akira and more being influential even for adult animation? Spawn i loved that series since i was 15.

How come you don't think Batman TAS was influential? it and X-Men were huge smash hit shows on fox even appealed to teens and adults alike.
How does Akira factor into all of this?

How do you know Batman TAS and X-Men TAS were huge smash hit shows on FOX that appealed to teenagers and adults of the 1990s? Can I please see your citations for this?

I’m strongly inclined to say that the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers were the biggest force of any programming block on FOX from the mid 90s to the late 90s because the best-selling Christmas toy lists in the USA online perfectly illustrates this.

Last edited by mikey0; 01-31-2019 at 12:13 PM.