View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #81
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I forgot to mention that I really liked Eleven and Max becoming closer and becoming gal pals. With the way she seemed to get jealous of her in season 2 and snubbed her when Max extended her hand to shake hers, I was a little scared if how that would resolve it self (was Eleven going to get violent with max?) I honestly feel that that they killed the tension too quickly on the Eleven feeling worried/jealous of Max potentially taking her place in the group, but with the way the story line jumps ahead in time by several months or a whole year, I guess they could not keep up that misunderstanding between for that long a time.

I really enjoyed Eleven having another girl to interact with, it was fun to watch. I think she needs that and Max and her make a good duo. I like how Max helped her pick out a new look for her that she feels is all her own.

I was a little worried that Max was going to corrupt Eleven a bit and make her feel negative towards Mike. Other than that it was all good to me.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Gotta say though, was kind excited by the possibility that Billy was going to killed in the first episode.
I get what you are saying, because I really found Billy to be bland and a walking stereotype. But I felt he was just beginning to get some depth and I would have liked to see that expanded on, but they just killed him. Also I was a little surprised that Max seemed to genuinely care about him. Last season implied Billy was abusive toward her.

Quote:
It was just...really great though that Mike's mom came to her senses around Billy, but man...that is one B O R I N G husband.
I seriously thought that she was going to go full cougar there for a minute. I like that she didn't do that, because she would destroyed her family. But The whole cougar bathing suit scene was cringy. I wonder if they will ever do anything with the subplot of Mike's mom being dissatisfied in her marriage. Mike's dad really is just a barely engaged with his family guy. I like Mike's mom had more to do this season with her pep talk with Nancy and going for that story. But Jeez woman, keep better tract of your kids. When Joyce asked her if she knew where Mike and the kids were and she was all like, "uhhh...dunno. It's been days since I've seen them." I was like WTF?

Quote:
You'd think at this point that Hopper would be taking her a little more seriously with all the nonsense that's been going down
Hopper was a tad flanderized in this season but he was combative/dismissive with Joyce because he was still salty about being stood up by Joyce.

That conspiracy theory guy made a come back and played an even bigger role than last season. I like him and I thought it was cool that he warmed up to Alexi (the Russian dude Hopper and Joyce captured) and that he helped in the final show down. I was worried he was going to get killed off. I liked how he went off on Joyce and Hopper and told them to get over themselves and just screw already.

He also made a pretty good point about Joyce that I think ties in to her attraction to Bob. He said she has been hurt and wants a nice guy to date (paraphrased) and to drop that sh*t and just admit she is attracted to an alpha like Hopper. It kind of made me wish that Bob had been spared last season, because it would have been interesting to see her come to grips with her desire to settle down with a nice down to earth guy and realize if that is what she wants, or to just go for Hopper. That line seemed to imply that Joyce's attraction to someone like Bob not be all the way genuine.

And one more thing:

Spoiler:
Does anyone understand why exactly Eleven lost her powers? That thing was embedded in her leg and when she used her powers to rip it out suddenly her powers were gone. Did the monster absorb her powers? Is that what they were implying?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote