View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #18
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Now, what if society broke down? What if the Turtles found themselves in a Shredder, or Krang (or other, Triceraton?!) dominated future like we saw in the Time Travel mini series? Perhaps a straight up post apocalypic future. In a return to a more severe time and civilization, Splinter and the Turtles running the Foot Clan might actually be a beacon of hope to survive a new dark age and rebuild a new civilization. But...again, that's a totally different story.
I'm pretty convinced that society IS going to break down as a result of the Triceraton invasion. Especially if all of Manhattan has to evacuate - and maybe parts of states around it. The problem there is that it's an enormous financial hub for the entire world and I'm not sure if there's a plan in place in case such a thing does happen.

And what would keep the Triceratons from going beyond New York eventually?

And why won't anyone tell them about the KT Extinction!?
Sure, we could get into the uncomfortable semantics of suggesting that even with the unsavory intents behind it, the Utroms technically would have saved the Triceraton ancestors from extinction until Quanin decided to start from scratch because they were able to breed. Which I imagine would have p*ssed off a lot of the scientists, who would pretty much have just wasted years of their lives just for their hard work to literally get blown up.

Speaking of that, I do want to know if there were any Utroms against destroying the first herd and were powerless to stop Quanin. The Triceratons could even have had some allies among them.

Regarding the KT extinction, I can imagine a scene of them in the museum like in Mirage Vol 4 where they're a little creeped out by the displays of dinosaur skeletons - but especially the Triceratops.